#10
Color: Raw Umber
Sept. 15, 2000
Song: "Beautiful" Me'Shell Ndegeocello


I am in a candlelit bath
not too distant in memory
of those I use to have at 3am.
I miss those baths.
Sometimes I would discover the best part of my day
or night
in a hot liquid bath of peace.
My baths were never shared then.
Showers for sharin’.
My baths would never
could never
be big enough
for my imagination
and another body.
You had to go.
I had dreaming to do.
You get a shower.
No more.

There was never any complications with my bath.
All was simple.
You just get in!
And leave.
Baths at 3AM
were completely for me.
So hot
I’d lose my breath.

After the perfect bath,
I was ready for the perfect nap.
My heart would race
at a pace
too quick to catch.
Dry off.
Put on my robe…
unclosed…
and lie on my bed
stretched.
I’d awaken 20 minutes in to later.

My bath is for me.
Place my music.
Smoke a joint.
Drink a glass of wine
a little chocolate ties.
The bath was always mine.
To watch the steam rise off my smokin’ body

Baths are not for bathing.
I just want to sit
and relax in my bath
and let the sweat fall off my back.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.