#17
Color: Mulberry
June 26, 2010
Song: "Open Your Eyes, You Can Fly" Lizz Wright

"Bird's Song"
For my sweet friend for whom words are breaths and heartbeats. Write sis...write...Your courage and imagination will be your safety net. This is a romance...with words.

I want to find a quiet space
A private place
To talk to you.

I want to flirt
Openly
In plain view
Just saying things
To make you smile
At me
And then away
Still smiling
For me.

I want to pull you around the corner
Quietly
Quickly
A kiss
Light headedness
Drunk like love
Breathe close
And feel your breath
On my face
Neck
Warm
I step back
No
Let you walk away
No
Let you go
No
You stay.

Waiting for another chance
At closeness
With you
I've been waiting for you.
Waiting
Patiently
Privately
Secretly
Lovingly
Waiting for
You.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.