The Box 69: WHITE

1 comment


#15
Color: White
June 25, 2010
Song: "Sugar In My Bowl" Nina Simone


For The Sweet Woman Even Her Foes Had To Call Sugar.

Sugar.
Placed just out of reach
Stretch for her
Fingertips dances on her belly to pull her closer.
She taunts me
Tease me
Call me close
and whisper.
Taste.
Savor.
Love.

Sweetly Simply Complex and Refined.
Dangerous and Exotic.
She takes me places warm tropical
Without leaving my kitchen comfort.
Raw brown in the summer heat
She rest soft on my lips
long after she left me
with my eyes closed.
Taste.
Savor.
Love.

Woke me early.
Good morning love.
She comes with Brazil
and New Orleans
Takes the bite from my coffee
Giving the pillowy powder delight to my beignets
Waiting for me to bite…
Powder clings close
To lips…and chin…
Tongue touches Sugar
Taste.
Savor.
Love.

She has always loved me
And I her.
She came through when I double dutched
Kept the aid kool
Played in the grass at grandma's
She gave me honey dipped days
Was my first kiss
My first taste of sweetness
Crept into my summer syrupy soaked nights
We, sticky…yummy…close thick wet.
Hmmmm.
Taste.
Savor.
Love.

I wanted too much.
Got greedy.
Wanted my sweet n low lover all the time.
Dangerous.
Addicting.
Step back.
Stand away.
She still reaches for me.
I try to stand just out of reach.
Her fingertips stretch
Reaching me
I hurt
She stays. Pure.
My tears melt in her.
She stays. Still.
Always there.
Still.
Taste.
Savor.
Love.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.