The Box 69: DESERT SAND

Leave a Comment






#39
Color: Desert Sand
March 7, 2011
Song: "Sinking in the Sand" Ascension



Half Full vs. Half Empty

Half Full
I have no regrets...
At all.
I put myself out there...
In All.
My art...
My passion...
My feelings...
My love.
I can control
If I give it,
So I give it
Willingly,
Freely
And fiercely.
I can NOT control
If I get it back,
So I can't worry
About your worries
About reciprocity,
And exposure,
And vulnerability.
I can't carry your fear.
It's too heavy.
It gets in the way
Of my day.

Half Empty
Slip sinking quick
Drowning in thickness
And darkness.
I'm fighting
For something
To hold on to
Something stable
I need a rock.
I get no air
I can't breathe
Frightened
Alone.
But quiet.
Wait.
Listen to my heart beat
Beat
Beat
Settle.
I'm ok.
It's all just noise
There is no chaos
In the calm.


Half empty well wishing for full
Half full looking for the bottom
Until I appreciate the glass even being on the table
And that I am here,
Neither will matter.
No more going back
And forth.
No more moments of insanity.
Only moments
In the moment
Count.
Beat.
Beat.
Beat.
Deep Breathe.
That's standing on firm ground.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.