The Box 69: OUTER SPACE

Leave a Comment














#50
Color: Outer Space
March 19, 2011
Song: "Saturn" Stevie Wonder



Welcome to Outer Space
Where the welcome mat floats
And joy washes over you in the door's threshold.
Enter worry weightless
Stress gravity free.
Ready to implode
Long overload
Busting at the seams
Room at last
To unpack my dreams.
Welcome.

Welcome to Outer Space
Cuz my inner space
Was feeling cramped.
Space to exercise my voice
Low
Long
Loud
Moan
Place to call my own.
Where I can be alone
And be me
With you
And you
One in the mirror.
Welcome.

Welcome to Outer Space
Where I can...
And do.
And will.
A place to
Get out of the bath
Stream draped
Put on a tank
Too short
Form fittin'
Pajama bottoms too big
Low hip hittin'
See you layin' across the bed
Doin' nothin'
But layin' there
Waitin' for me.
Welcome.

Welcome to Outer Space
Where no one will hear me scream
And call out your name
Come over
And reduce me
To all vowels
Leave my sigh to reach the depths of the Universe
Send me to the final frontier
Eyes closed
Wide open
On a round trip
Clockin' frequent flyer miles
To visit high
Again.
Welcome.

Welcome to Outer Space
Where the echos of love
Rest in the syncopation of my own foot fall
And the strum of my quiet guitar
And the beat of my own heart.
Welcome.

Welcome to Outer Space
Welcome home.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.