The Box 69: SHADOW

Leave a Comment






#37
Color: Shadow
March 6, 2011
Song: "Never Stop" Brand New Heavies


Constant companion
Moves when I move
My shell's portrait in darkness
well lit.
my shadow is my friend
who sits with me
walks with me
But makes no judgement

My reflection shows my tears
Reflects my flaws
Reminds me of where I went wrong.
But you stand strong
And let me be as I am.
My image back to me
Feeds my vanity.
My shadow,
My soul's reflection
Feeds my curiosity.

My spirit's outline
The boundaries of my universe
Standing bold
Bigger than my reality
Looming taller in the sun's light
Showing me that God's shine
Will make me grow taller
Than I'll ever know.
Thank you for my shadow
Even on a cloud filled day
I know you are here
With me.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.