The Box 69: VIOLET RED

Leave a Comment



#47
Color: Violet Red
January 15, 2010
Song: "Just the Way You Are" Billy Joel



Long after the night left us
We spoke in riddle
Rhymes
And Rhythms
Hymns and Poems.
You wouldn't say.
I wouldn't say.
Just guessing around the same truth.
It's aggravating.

Long before the morning first greeted us
We spoke in joke
Laughing our way to comfort
To truth.
Truth that makes us giggle
Truth that makes us sigh
Truth that relieves us
That we are not alone...
Together.

Long before the sun rose
I listened to you LOL
And I LOL'ed back.
When ALL I wanted was a little more time to
LOL with you.
Argh...it's so aggravating sometimes
To look into your deep smile
and not be
Mz. Transparent
...try as I might.

Long before the day began new
I thought long
Hard
Of You.
Your sassy smart sweet
So friendly
Strangely wise.
I'll have to stretch my knees some more
on this dreaded Monday morning
And this is your doing.
My sweet aggravation.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.