The Box 69: PACIFIC BLUE

Leave a Comment




#58
Color: Pacific Blue
March 31, 2011
Song: "Home" Stephanie Mills



Everything's working as planned.
Everything is as it should be.
Life's funny that way...
Missteps corrected,
Correct steps aligned
On the path
And illuminated.

The plan hasn't changed...
It just changed locations.

February 15,
I left Los Angeles
But not for Atlanta...
As planned...
But for Catalina Island...
As needed.
I originally thought
A new start
Rested in 30102
But it's still in 91406.
I listened to my heart.
I looked at my blessings.
I returned to LA
From the small island
About a hour's boat ride off California's coast.
I returned
Clear
New
And moved home.
The home I made my own.

February 11
The bittersweet mahogany blues
On repeat
Ended
As planned
On time
Love's expiration date came
Clean
Quick
And with an echo.
Amplified in an underground resonator
The truth had a boom to it
The end had the thump and bass
In the bottom of the rooftop
Red Violet's band unplugged
Packed up their passion.
The limited engagement was over.
Another gig awaits.
They played a lovely set.
Full body sultry groove...
Fade out...
I lifted the skipping needles
Let the silence fill the void
And embraced the calm solitude.

February 22
I was due to arrive in Atlanta.
Instead,
On February 22,
I began a new semester
At the school where I have taught for the last 5 and a half years...
The place where 11 days earlier on Febraury 11,
I was scheduled to resign.
Leave behind the babies
and find new loves.
The hallways full of glee
I could live with...
The leaving love...
I couldn't.
I didn't.
Two ones became two twos
And I am still
Home.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.