The Box 69: PURPLE HEART

Leave a Comment










#57
Color: Purple Heart
July 7, 2001
Song: "Ordinary Pain" Stevie Wonder



Tea

My tears brew my tea
To a dark natural sweetness.
In my favorite mug
From a long ago love
For whom
I’ve had enough tea.

I want something else to drink.
Smooth
Less bitter
No matter how sweet.
There is
no lemon
no mint
no spice
to make me tingle.
Recycled tea
Drink and brew.
Drink and brew.
Want to drink something new.

Maybe something carbonated
Bubbly
Fuzzy
Tiggle my nose.
Fun and exciting
Playing wild in summer.

Maybe something intoxicating
Takes me
Drinks me back
Straight
In a fancy glass.
Strong on the way down
But brings me high.

However,
I enjoy tea from
Time to time
But it’s all I seem to drink these days.
I don’t want any more tea.
Don’t want no more tea.
It’s a lonely drink.

Don’t understand why the English love this shit.
Drink it every damn day!
The Asians have the right idea…
Small cups.
Sip
Taste
Savor the body
And boldness
Of the brew.

So damn arrogant!
We drink the shit by the mugful!
We find the largest bowl
Fill it with our sorrows
Stare at ourselves
In our personal reflecting pools
In the tea puddle
In our warm hands.

Self brew.
No sun.
No ice.
No sugar
Or honey
Or anything that makes it
Pleasant.
Just my own blend of tea.

So...
I go
Ahead
And have more tea.
Can be soothing.
Can be comforting
Can be hot
Can burn.
Can be ice cold
And bitter
Or sweet
Refreshing.
I keeping tasting.
Sipping love...
Is of my own doing.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.